Job Title: OR (Operating Room) Registered Nurse - RN
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Brandywine, MD
Required education: Associate
1. BSN or AA in Nursing
2. Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Maryland
3. CPR and ACLS/BLS Certification required
4. Previous ASC, Operating Room, or PACU experience is required
5. Strong customer service skills
6. Cystoscopy & Urology experience are a plus
7. Ability to travel to other sites as necessary.
1. Registered Nurse (RN) coordinates and directs all paperwork and medical records for surgical patients, including consents and other required releases, informed consent, etc.
2. Directs patient intake and discharge. Ensure patient is given full details of the procedure to be performed. At discharge, provides the patient with full written discharge orders according to Summit Ambulatory Surgery Centers designated protocols.
3. Hand instruments and supplies to surgeons and surgeons' assistants, hold retractors and cut sutures, and perform other tasks as directed by surgeon during operation.
4. Prepare patients for surgery, including positioning patients on the operating table and covering them with sterile surgical drapes to prevent exposure.
5. Monitor and continually assess operating room conditions, including patient and surgical team needs.
6. Monitor, record and report symptoms and changes in patients' conditions.
7. Maintains all medical equipment, verifying that routine and periodic maintenance procedures are performed and logged for all corporate locations.
8. Perform other clinical and office duties as assigned by manager.
1. Registered Nurse (3 years)
2. Operating Room RN (2 years)
Required license or certification: Registered Nurse (RN)