1. Provide structured, goal-oriented, time-limited therapy with families who need assistance in recovering from physical, sexual, emotional abuse, and neglect.
2. Other issues may be present and may need to be addressed in the course of treatment.
3. Engage and assist the family's participation in the treatment planning process.
4. Visit in client's home no less than once per week.
5. Accompany and support the family for court appearances.
6. Provide emergency and crisis consultation on a 24-hour basis.
7. Completion of clear, accurate documentation of 1) all contacts with clients, 2) monthly reports, 3) court reports, and 4) treatment plans. Provide any additional written reports to the referring agency as requested.
8. Complete all clinical and agency paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
9. Demonstrate respect and cultural sensitivity to all clients and to all referral sources.
10. Maintain strict confidentiality at all times to protect clients' privacy.
11. Comply with required in-service / continuing education hours as outlined in the policy manual.
12. Engage in weekly staffing and address risk management areas to ensure safety.
13. Contribute to Lifeline's Performance and Quality Improvement process.
14. Ensure that services are provided Effectively, Efficiently, and with Evidence for each case.