Education, Experience, and Licensure Requirements:
1. Must be NBCOT-certified upon hire, but renewal is optional going forward
2. Must be a graduate of an accredited program in occupational therapy (BSOT or MSOT)
3. Must be currently registered/licensed in applicable State. Must maintain an active license in good standing throughout employment.
4. One (1) year experience in post-acute care or related setting preferred
5. Must have CPR certification upon hire or obtain during orientation. CPR certification must remain current during employment.
Specific Job Requirements
1. Participates in community health matters/projects as appropriate
2. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and e-mail
3. Liaisons with patients, families, support departments, etc., to adequately plan for patient needs
4. Must demonstrate good body mechanics at all times
5. Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
6. Must be knowledgeable of practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing functions in the post-acute care facility
7. Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department
8. Must perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: patient care,, documentation and therapy software responsibilities, patient rights, and safety and sanitation
9. Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
10. Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
11. Must understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
12. Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Life Care's Code of Conductand completes mandatory Code of Conduct and other appropriate compliance training