Job Title: Oncology RN
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Colorado
Expected Salary: $64K
- The Oncology nurse will treat and care for several patients every day and must keep track of and document numerous details throughout the day.
- Impeccable attention to detail with an ability to think clearly in high-stress situations while maintaining a sense of calm is critical when managing several infusions at once.
- A clinically competent Registered Nurse (RN) will provide care to the chronic and acutely ill patient through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosis, outcomes identification, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Professional nursing staff are expected to attain knowledge and competency that reflects current nursing practice following professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statutes, rules, and regulations.
- Nurses function collaboratively with patients, families, physicians and others in the conduct of nursing practice and are able to integrate ethical provision in all areas of practice.
- Nurses consider factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost, and impact on practice in the planning and delivery of nursing services at the hospital.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
- One (1) year previous acute care experience preferred
- An Oncology nurse will have a cancer-specific knowledge base and clinical skills in cancer care beyond what is acquired in basic nursing
- All RNs are expected to maintain proficiency in the care of Oncology patients
- R.N. licensed in the State of Colorado
- Chemotherapy and Biotherapy course and maintained thereafter, OCN within 2 years of hire, Current BLS Certification, ACLS within first year and maintained thereafter
- Acute Care: 2 years (Required)
- Oncology: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
Licenses or Certifications:
- OCN (Required)
- RN (Required)