Job Title: Nurse Practitioner
Job Type: Full time
Job Location: Brooklyn, NY
Required education: Master's
1. Graduate of an approved Nurse Practitioner Program; Master's Degree in Nurse Practitioner Studies.
2. Licensure/Certification/Registration: Must have Prescriptive authority for licensure to prescribe.
3. Must have good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
4. Must demonstrate competency and the ability to perform advanced assessment, diagnosis, and treatment plan development and invasive procedures as per clinical privileges.
5. Must hold an active license for advanced practice nurse.
6. Must hold certification as a nurse practitioner from an approved certifying body.
1. Contributes to physician's effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range patient care issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing physician directives .
2. Assesses patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories.
3. Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests, such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory studies; interpreting test results.
4. Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
5. Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans
6. Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
7. Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
8. Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
9. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
1. Nurse Practitioner (1 year)
2. Cardiology (1 year)
Required License or Certification: Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)