Job Title: RN - Field Supervisor Home Health
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bronx, NY
Responsibilities for the role of Field RN Supervisor:
- Make initial Home Care nursing visits and conduct patient assessments to include home safety.
- Make the initial assessment and complete the appropriate forms necessary for the start of care. Coordinate aspects of care.
- Supervise Home Health Aides & Personal Care Aides.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, local regulations and accrediting body requirements.
- Knowledge of the nursing care planning process.
- Skilled in developing interpersonal relationships.
- Comply with the AHCS Corporate Compliance Program; follows the Code of Ethics. ensures RN field staff and aide compliance with relevant corporate compliance policies and procedures during in-home assessment visits.
- Ability to communicate information concerning a patient’s condition clearly.
- Knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices, procedures, regulations and guidelines that pertain to home health care.
- Knowledge of theory, methods, and techniques required for rendering patient care.
- Assumes delegated authority and accountability for care of assigned patient(s).
- Documents all client-related activities within the established timeframes.
- Utilizes standard and universal precautions and infection control techniques.
- Provides instruction and counsel to the patient and family in meeting related needs.
- Informs the physician and other personnel of changes in the patient’s condition and needs.
- Follows all HIPAA privacy and security regulations relating to PHI
Requirements for the role of Field RN Supervisor:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or a Health related field.
- 2+ years’ experience in Home Care.
- 2+years of supervisor experience (Home Health Aides/Personal health Aides)
- Knowledge of HIPAA Privacy and Security Regulations, and Joint Commission Home Care Standards.
- A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the physical and emotional requirements of the home care population.
- Must possess the qualities of patience, compassion, and understanding.
- Home Health: 2 years (Required)
- nursing supervisor: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
License or certification:
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)