Job Title: Registered Nurse (Weekend Warrior)
Job Type: Full Time Weekend Warrior - 8am to 8pm - Friday to Sunday
Job Location: Greenville, OH
Expected Salary: $63K
You will be perfect for this role if;
- You have a passion to help and want to make a tangible difference
- You want to be part of a supportive & collaborative team culture
- You want the opportunity for career growth
Responsibilities for the role of Registered Nurse- Weekend Warrior:
- Provide competent nursing care to assigned patient through skilled symptom management, emotional support, appropriate teaching and timely response to patient and family needs including;
- Routine Homecare Visits
- SIA/Continuous Care
- Referrals and Admissions
- Care Center Assistance
- Chart Reviews
- Other duties as assigned.
- Provide patient/family services according to established Plan of Care and signed physician orders. Consult patient's physician and/or Medical Director when necessary and initiate appropriate telephone orders for changes in Plan of Care.
- Explain hospice services and benefits in regards to Medicare, Medicaid and Private Insurances and knows when to use Palliative Care Interventions’ and ABN’s.
- Obtain and enter orders from Medical Directors and Physicians when deemed appropriate.
- Order appropriate Durable Medical Equipment (DME) for patient.
- Perform competent initial nursing assessments.
- Facilitate continuity of care by coordinating admission of home-care patients to in-patient setting (hospital, nursing home), as needed.
- Work evenings and weekends as needed to meet the needs of the patients and families and agency backup schedule.
- Complete all documentation as required by the organization in compliance with agency policy, accreditation bodies, and governing requirements.
- Maintain clinical competency for assigned responsibilities and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements for the role of Registered Nurse - Weekend Warrior:
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing.
- Current RN licensure in the State of Ohio and the eligibility to obtain licensure in the State of Indiana or current RN licensure in the State of Indiana and the eligibility to obtain licensure in the State of Ohio.
- 2+ years of experience in Medical/Surgical, Oncology or community health nursing.
- Hospice experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Detail oriented with excellent communication, documentation, and organizational skills.
- Able to work Friday to Sunday 8am-8pm.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Travel to other sites as needed.
- Hospice: 1 year (Required)
- Nursing- Medical Surgical: 2 years (Required)
- Associate (Required)
License or certification:
- Registered Nurse (RN) Ohio (Required)