- Works under the supervision of the Health Services Administrator.
- Render first aid treatment and assist the physician in treating serious accidents or illnesses.
- Treat minor injuries and illnesses according to physician instructions or nursing protocols and maintain health records.
- Clean and dress wounds, operate emergency equipment and provide follow-up nursing care as required.
- Prepare and administer specified medications and drugs and assist in developing programs to prevent or control diseases and accidents.
- Monitor inmates restricted to bed reset or medical observation.
- Conduct cursory medical exams during inmates’ first 24 hours on site.
- Conduct designated health services special programs as assigned.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
- Maintain accountability of inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
- Ensure all reports and statistics are kept and properly reported.
- Assist in hiring and training employees, perform evaluations and counseling, ensure personnel responsibilities are met for a designated shift.
- It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A graduate of approved School of Nursing and current license approved by the State Board of Nurse Examiners.
- One year of nursing experience required, preferably in a supervisory capacity in a correctional facility.
- Nursing in a supervisory capacity in a correctional facility: 1 year (Preferred)
- Registered Nurse: 1 year (Required)
Licenses or Certifications:
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)
- BLS, ACLS (Preferred)
Send your resume to - email@example.com