Job Title: Operating Room Nurse (RN)
Job Types: Full-time
Job Location: Houston, TX
Estimated salary: $87K
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares patients for surgery by providing preoperative and postoperative instructions.
- Administers to the physical and emotional needs of patients and their families.
- Understands and interprets physician's orders, lab values, ECG's and x-ray reports. Checks the accuracy of paperwork. Documents patients' medical histories, including allergies.
- Provides prescribed medications and other pharmaceutical products in accordance with physician's order.
- Understands and interprets medications, dosages and side effects.
- Ensure that Standard Universal Precautions and the principles of aseptic and sterile technique are used appropriately.
- Implements safe practices and provides knowledgeable guidance and evaluation of the environment of care management including life safety (fire prevention), security, hazardous materials and waste management, emergency preparedness, infection control, and the safe use of medical equipment and utilities.
- Provides assessment of physiologic, mental, and psychosocial health status of the child, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient.
- Participates in patient/family discharge teaching for children, adults and geriatric patients.
- Assesses and evaluates patient condition preoperatively and communicates to physician and anesthesia personnel any changes in patient status.
- Accurately documents care and supplies provided to the patient.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Nursing degree from a fully accredited school of nursing; two years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as physician orders, laboratory results, safety rules. operating and technical instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Certificates, License, Registrations: Current nursing license from the State of Texas and current CPR & ACLS certification.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this Job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or control; reach with hands and arms, and talk to hear. The employee is occasionally required to bend, lift, stoop, kneel crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. Must have good visual acuity.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to chemical fumes or airborne particles. There is a risk of electrical shock, exposure to radiation and occasional exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Salary: $42.00 to $45.00 /hour
- Operating Room Nursing: 2 years (Required)
- Hospital: 1 year (Preferred)
- Orthopedic: 1 year (Preferred)
- Houston, TX 77055 (Preferred)
License or certification:
- RN in TX or eNLC (Required)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) (Preferred)
Send your resume to - email@example.com