Purpose of Position:
The purpose of this position is to serve as the instructor for the nursing program partnership with UAA, teach the curriculum and precept graduating students. In addition, when classes are not in session this position will offer support to the nursing staff in the Acute Care Unit.
Uphold the organization’s vision, mission, and corporate values. Demonstrate an understanding of and compliance with organization’s policies, procedures, code of conduct and work rules.
- Review curriculum and create lesson plans to meet the requirements of the UAA nursing program
- Provide classroom instruction and clinical instruction to students in the NSHC nursing program
- Participate in instructor meeting and fulfill the requirements as an adjunct faculty member of the university
- Coordinate the clinical rotations that take place at other locations outside of Nome, such as Fairbanks and Anchorage
- Coordinate with the nursing manager and staff nurses when students are in the patient areas, closely supervising and monitoring the quality of care given
- Provide back up support to the nursing staff during semester breaks, holidays, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
All company employees are expected to have general knowledge of typical office technologies such as computers, printers, copiers, fax machines, and typical office software.
Job Specific knowledge is listed below:
- Nursing protocols according to the State Board of Nursing
- Working knowledge of the Acute Care department
- Knowledge of instruction requirements for teaching the nursing curriculum
Required Skills and Abilities:
All company employees are expected to have a broad range of skills and abilities centered around a strong patient focus, efficient performance, and teamwork. All employees should have patient/customer service skills, interpersonal skills and good communication skills. All employees should have the ability to manage their time and organize their work to ensure efficient performance. In addition, all employees should have the ability to follow policy, procedure, and instructions, actively communicate with their supervisors to ensure understanding and manage their work accordingly. Finally, all employees should have the ability to understand and manage patient/customer confidentiality.