Job Title: Director of Nursing - Instructor
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Modesto, CA
Estimated Salary: $123K
The Director of Nursing is expected to:
- Conduct classroom observations, instructor outcome assessments and follow-up recommendations for instructor improvement.
- Maintain curriculum development and delivery at the campus level. Maintain curriculum integrity on the network server.
- Review of all NCLEX prep tests taken throughout the program
- Act as primary liaison with the Board related to the program’s compliance with the required elements of the BVNPT
- Ensure the Vocational Nursing program’s policies and procedures are in written format, are congruent with those of the institution and are reviewed periodically
- Support the company in developing retention strategies for the Vocational Nursing program. Contribute educational related outcomes to the Quarterly Campus Improvement Plan.
- Support new faculty with a strong new instructor training orientation/onboarding program.
- Complete purchase orders for consumable supplies, place orders, and forward purchase orders with receipts or other documentation to the accounting office.
- Submit proposals to the Executive Team for requested changes in program textbooks or other supplies and works with the executive office to coordinate ordering when new textbooks/supplies are approved within their division.
- Work with the Career Services Department in support of student employment outcomes.
- With direction from the Director of Education- coordinates Vocational Nursing Advisory Board Meetings; including taking meeting minutes.
- Identify instructional material and equipment needs for their program based on curriculum, instructor requests, and Advisory Board recommendations.
Director of Nursing - Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- Current, unencumbered RN license to practice professional nursing in California
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Minimum 3+ years clinical nursing experience within the last 5 years
- Minimum 1 year of teaching or clinical supervision or 3 years in nursing administration
- Excellent interpersonal communication, presentation, and leadership skills
- High level of problem-solving and decision making aptitude
- Professional image with the ability to effectively represent the organization as appropriate in its relationship with the community
- Director of Nursing: 3 years (Required)
- Clinical Nursing: 3 years (Required)
- Nursing Teaching Instructor: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
License or certification:
- Current, unencumbered RN license to practice professional nu (Required)