Job Title: Neonatal Intensive Care Unit - Registered Nurse (RN)
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Monterey, CA
Salary: $56.00 to $61.00 /hour
Under the leadership of the department director, assistant director, nursing supervisor, and/or charge nurse, the registered nurse is responsible and accountable for planning directing, assessing and providing nursing care according to the policies and procedures of the hospital and department.Important dimensions of this position consist of quality of care, professional commitment, teamwork, interpersonal skills, safety, good public/customer relations and a broad nursing knowledge.The registered nurse is an experienced nurse who shall orient new staff, precept students, and assume relief charge nurse duty as oriented and assigned.
The RN possesses skills and knowledge to competently evaluate, plan, and implement appropriate nursing care of patients. The Staff RN will provide prescribed medication and treatment, help physicians during exams and treatment, and monitor and record patient condition, notifying physician when appropriate. Will be required to cross-train to mother-baby care.
- At least 1+ year of acute care hospital experience in a level II or level III nursery is preferred.
- Must have knowledge of well newborn care, newborn delivery admission, and postpartum care.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred.
- Licensure/Certification: State of California RN license required.
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS (required).
- NRP required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- NICU RN: 1 year (Required)
License or certification:
- RN - California (Required)
Send your resume to - firstname.lastname@example.org.