Job Title: LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) / LVN (Licensed Vocational Nurse)
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Raymondville, TX
Estimated salary: $44K
Are you a Nurse who is looking for an opportunity that allows you to give back to the community? Read further!
This company is seeking to hire a Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse to perform duties concerning the sick and injured, prevention of illness and promotion of good health in compliance with the company, facility, and correctional healthcare directives. The employee will provide nursing services to inmates to the extent allowed by the Nurse Practice Act, and in accordance with ADC directives and healthcare standards.
- Render first aid treatment and assist RN in treating serious accidents or
- Treat minor injuries and illnesses according to physician instruction and maintain health
- Cleanse and dress wounds, operate emergency equipment and provide follow-up nursing care as
- Prepare and distribute specified medications and drugs and assist in developing programs to prevent or control diseases and
- Assist in the management and coordination of the weight control, smoking cessation and other programs.
- Monitor inmates restricted to medical
- Perform routine laboratory tests in accordance with approved
- Triage, assess chief complaints, take vital signs, do appropriate charting and assist with chart review duties and with patient
- Assist Physician or extender when
- Demonstrate appropriate professional
- Maintain clinic facilities in accordance with the highest standards of health
- Promote the development of positive social skills among inmates through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
- Maintain accountability of property and equipment; adhere to safety
- It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Graduation from a nursing program approved by the State Board of Nurse Examiners
- Certification as a Vocational Nurse and or Practical Nurse valid in the state