Job Title: Certified Medical Assistant
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: San Antonio, TX
Salary: $13.00 to $14.00 /hour
- To assist the medical provider with physical examinations, carry out nursing treatments and perform other health care procedures according to provider's orders.
- Provides a standard of excellence as it relates to customer service for patients and other customers. Maintains timely flow of patients.
- Maintains patient privacy according to HIPAA requirements.
- Prepares patient for examination by Provider- Aids patient in walking, standing or sitting if needed. Prepares equipment and supplies to assist medical provider in the treatment, examination, and testing of patients. Performs or assists with procedures including, injections, EKGs, Holter monitors, stress tests, casting, cast removal, suturing, and phlebotomy. Take and record height, weight, blood pressure, pulse rate, respiration and temperature.
- Medical Assistant helps prepare, organize and sterilize rooms, tools and equipment, and set up medical lab equipment. Sterilize instruments and properly dispose of contaminated materials and prepare patient examination rooms and make sure rooms stay clean and neat.
- Updates patient care plan under direction of medical provider. Input and monitor EMR records of patients during exam process.
- Administer medications and injections as ordered. Provide CPR if needed.
- 3+ years of CMA experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- CERTIFIED Medical Assistant from recognized organization required
- CPR certification is required.
- Must have training in basic medical terminology.
- Competitive wages
- Paid recertification costs up to $55
- Medical Benefits 100% paid for the employee!
*Per company policy, we do not currently hire anyone that uses Nicotine products*