Job Title: Wound Care Lead Registered Nurse (RN)
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Westwood, NJ
- Active RN License
- Clinical Management experience
- Managing clinical staff, (RN, LPN, HBO, etc.)
- ACLS / BLS Certification through American Heart Association
- Possess and maintains good physical stamina and mental health.
- Presents a negative TB skin test and/or chest x-ray.
- Previous wound care experience is a plus
- Seeks and obtains sufficient information necessary to function effectively in the health care setting where assigned.
- Provides professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of nursing process. Adheres to established policies/procedures and expectations of the facility.
- Delegates and oversees wound care services performed by RN’s, LPNs and Technicians.
- Provides ongoing support and patient care by evaluating patients referred for wound care services and consults with attending physician regarding wound care protocols as needed.
- Develops patient specific wound care plan and regularly reviews wound progress. Measures and photographs wound progress and provides updates to the physician on an ongoing basis as changes occur.
- Performs specialized wound care procedures that include, but are not limited to, simple removal of foreign objects, wound debridement to the level of subcutaneous tissue, application of topical wound products or xenografts, application of topical anesthetics, Ankle Brachial Index (ABI) and application of compression wraps, primary and secondary dressings and casting of foot or leg.
- Assists physician with specialized wound care procedures that include debridement and removal of unhealthy tissue, tendon, muscle, and bone, tissue or bone biopsy, electrocautery for hemostasis, incision and drainage, suturing or stapling of skin and grafts.
- Follows up with lab results (obtain results, call MD and patient to follow up) and documents accurately in the clinical record.
- Provides patient education relevant to disease processes, medications, nutrition and vitamin therapy and pressure reduction.
- Writes all telephone or verbal orders received immediately and obtains physician signatures as necessary.
- Completes accurate and relevant clinical notes regarding patient's condition and care given.
- Maintains the clinical record. Writes progress reports and summaries to physicians as appropriate.
- Acts as a preceptor in the orientation of new staff as assigned.
- Is responsible for the leadership and management of the clinical team and addresses the staff needs.
- Is responsible for the daily operations of the clinic for scheduling, processes, protocols, clinic flow and MD support.
- Is flexible and cooperative in fulfilling role obligation. Demonstrates respect for other's opinion, judgment, capabilities and gives praise to those who earn it.
- Managing clinical staff: 3 years (Required)
- Clinical Management: 3 years (Required)
License or certification:
- Registered Nurse (RN)- New Jersey (Required)