Job Title: Surgical Technician
Job type: Full-time
Job Location: Houston, TX
Salary: $25.00 to $32.00 /hour
Facilitates the operative or other invasive procedure by preparing and providing the required sterile instruments, supplies and equipment. Maintains the sterile field and anticipates and responds to the needs of the surgical team.
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Function as a scrub person during operative and other invasive procedures by: Assembling supplies and equipment required for the procedure; Preparing and organizing sterile supplies and instruments for the procedure; Performing accounting procedures in concert with the RN circulator; Assisting with placement of sterile drapes; Providing instruments and supplies to the surgical team during the procedure; Maintaining an organized sterile field; Ensuring sterility of the field and taking corrective actions as needed; and Preparing sterile dressings
- Clean and prepare surgical instruments for processing and transport them to the decontamination areas.
- Assist with post-procedure cleaning of the operative or other invasive procedure room and preparation of room for subsequent patients.
- Participate in ongoing educational and competency verification activities applicable to scrub person activities.
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality of individuals and health information.
- Graduate from an accredited surgical technology program
- Certified surgical technologist (CST)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- One year preoperative services experience
- Basic computer skills (eg, Microsoft® Word)
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Physically demanding, high-stress environment
- Exposure to blood, sharp instruments and other devices, body fluids and tissue, communicable diseases, chemicals, radiation, and repetitive motions
- Full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients
- Manual and finger dexterity
- Hand and eye coordination
- Standing and walking for extensive periods of time
- Lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 lbs
- Corrected vision and hearing to within normal range
- Working under stressful conditions
- Working irregular hours including call hours
- Operating Room Surgical Technician: 1 year (Required)
- Orthopedic (preferred): 1 year (Preferred)
- Houston, Texas 77055 (Preferred)
Licenses or certifications:
- Graduate from an accredited surgical technology program (Required)
- Certified Surgical Tech (CST) (Required)
Send your resume to - email@example.com