Under the leadership of the department director, assistant director, nursing supervisor, and/or charge nurse, the registered nurse is responsible and accountable for planning directing, assessing and providing nursing care according to the policies and procedures of the hospital and department. Important dimensions of this position consist of quality of care, professional commitment, teamwork, interpersonal skills, safety, good public/customer relations and a broad nursing knowledge. The registered nurse is an experienced nurse who shall orient new staff, precept students, and assume relief charge nurse duty as oriented and assigned.
Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with strong management skills. Must be empathetic, compassionate, service oriented and competent communicator.
- Acute care hospital experience within the last 1 year preferred.
- Pediatric experience required.
- Med/surg RN experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred.
- State of California RN license required. American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS (required).
- PALS certification required prior to completion of orientation and independent assignment.
- NRP Preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer