Job Title: Director of Clinical Services - HCBS
- Position Type: Full-Time
- Sign on Bonus: $1,500
The Community Based Services Director of Clinical Services is responsible for the administration of the day to day operations of the community based services business line. This includes: coordinating and completing assigned projects to effectively support the immediate and long range objectives of the company, responsible for eligibility and admission of the client and supervision of care provided, implementing and maintaining administrative practices, agency philosophy, goals, and policies which assure compliance with applicable state and federal regulations and enhancing the profitability of the agency. Providing motivation and retention of a qualified staff and assure the quality of services delivered. This position also acts as a liaison with management staff and other departments throughout the agency.
LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
Patient Care, a part of LHC Group, is currently seeking clinicians/professionals that want to join our team to help improve the well being of our patients and their families.
As noted by independent analysts, LHC Group consistently outperforms the industry in the percentage of our locations rating four stars or more. We are helping drive better outcomes for our patients nationwide.
If you're seeking a unique opportunity to take your career to the next level, it just arrived!
- Do you want to be rewarded for your hard work?
- Do you desire to make a difference in providing quality care?
- Do you want to be part of a family and not just an employee?
- Flexible schedule for field clinicians
- Competitive pay
- Ensures that only qualified personnel are hired. Verifies licensure, certification and credentialing as required by law and policy prior to employment and annually thereafter. On an on-going basis, ensure maintenance of records to support competency of all personnel
- Provides and oversees orientation for personnel.
- Assures regularly scheduled continuing education for personnel and supervises compliance of staff with online learning management courses.
- Assists with staff recruitment to ensure that adequate staffing is maintained. Operates within the staffing model.
- Acts as a liaison between staff, patients, the medical community, and upper management to ensure information is shared appropriately among the LHC Team.
- Performs staff conferences as needed and mandatory in-services including but not limited to monthly staff/safety meetings.
- Evaluating the performance of staff and identifying and implementing methods of professional development as needed.
- Supervises the maintenance and accuracy of patient care and employee records. Ensures compliance with policy.
- Ensures confidentiality and security of client records.
- Oversee staffing requests and the ability to meet employee needs. Taking appropriate action as needed to provide quality service.
- Coordinates admission of all patients.
- Monitors client charts. Updates Plan of Care at least every 3 months to make sure all information is accurate and up to date.
- Inputs client information into CBS System in a timely manner. Makes sure information is complete, accurate, and current.
- Ensures all appropriate and updated employee staffing/scheduling comments are in the computer, including but not limited to DNU (do not use) status.
- Maintains good working relationships with clients and employees.
- Provides supervision to direct reports.
- Responds promptly to all hourly care and insurance case referrals.
- Documents all employee and client related activities in a timely manner.
- Supervises daily office activities to ensure that effective and efficient operations are in place to provide quality service and assist as needed.
- Develops and works within quarterly/annual office budget.
- Participates in orientation and in-services education as needed.
- Reviews weekly operations reports, weekly metrics, productivity and agency financial statements to ensure the organization is on target with budgeted goals. Follows up, addresses issues, and implements action plans as appropriate to meet goals.
- Responds to and effectively deals with client and employee complaints and problems.
- Participates in the QAPI program. Ensures follow-up on any required action plans.
- Accessible and available during all hours in which services are being provided to clients
- Ensures phones are answered promptly with messages accurately documented and delivered to appropriate staff.
- Responsible for weekly face to face sales calls.
- Case Management of clients/patients as appropriate.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
One year of CBS management experience preferred.
- Bachelor level RN License Required
- 3 years of clinical experience
Current driver's license, vehicle insurance and access to a dependable vehicle, or public transportation.